LAPA Publishers (a division of Penguin Random House South Africa), has a vacancy for a qualified and dynamic individual to work as the new Christian publisher. Please note, LAPA Publishers’ offices are currently based in Pretoria, with plans to move to Midrand within the next year or early next year.
- Project management of a list of titles, from manuscript and artwork brief to publication
- Working to strict deadlines and quality standards
- Ensuring that titles are run efficiently and effectively within a given timeframe and budget
- Ensuring quality editing, translation and proofreading of titles
- Frequent liaison with relevant departments to facilitate the editorial and production processes
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with freelancers and colleagues
- A relevant qualification (an Honours degree in Publishing will be an advantage)
- Plan and develop (a 2-year publishing plan to be reviewed on a monthly basis)
- A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience
- Proven experience in editing, proofreading and project management
- A working knowledge of the book production process
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent English and Afrikaans language skills (editorial skills)
- Advanced computer skills (especially in MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with strong time-management skills
- Able to work well under pressure in an open-plan environment
- Able to self-manage in a work-from-home environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
If you are someone who has a love for books with a specific interest in Afrikaans and English literature, has experience in Christian publishing and media, has an understanding of Christian consumers and familiarity with Christian authors, has good language and numeracy skills, has strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Pastel Evolution, among others, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, has experience in the publishing industry, has strong organisational and public relations skills, an appropriate qualification and a valid driving license, this position is for you.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter, clearly stating your salary expectations, to Jason Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 December 2020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. If you have not heard from us within six weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.