LAPA Publishers, a division of Penguin Random House SA, has a career opportunity for a marketer in its trade and non-trade departments.
Marketer: Trade and Non-trade
LAPA Publishers, a division of Penguin Random House South Africa, is looking for an innovative marketer ready to take on a challenge. Monitor market trends, create advertising campaigns, develop pricing strategies and targeting strategies based on demographic data and work with the company to develop more awareness. The main purpose is to bring value to customers and build strong relations between the brand and the customer.
- Under the guidance of the National Sales Manager and together with the Marketing team help to develop and implement effective marketing plans for the trade sector.
- Develop and implement clear and effective direct marketing strategies.
- Establish and grow databases according to the growth of the list.
- Identify and utilise opportunities for niche campaigns.
- Establish and grow media contacts and maintain media databases.
- Manage queries and distribution of review copies, extracts, images and additional information.
- Liaise with media and local authors.
- Effective control of marketing costs.
- Monitor outcome of key promotions, events and publicity and circulate monthly reports
Skills and knowledge required
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of marketing.
- Proven success in managing marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, to prioritise those tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- A high level of energy, creativity and flexibility.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Strong English and Afrikaans language skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HTML.
- Excellent administrative and analytical skills.
- Be able to adapt to change.
- Experience in the book industry will be an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly stating your salary expectations, to Jason Daniels JDaniels@penguinrandomhouse.co.za
Closing date: 31 August 2020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.